The Arboriculture team at Surface specialises in Tree Surveys in line with BS5837:2012 “Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations”. We provide our clients with a professional, practical, and common sense approach to working in proximity to trees.
Through early involvement we are able to save our clients money, identify opportunities and constraints early in the development cycle and save time during the planning and construction phases.
We offer a range of services, including:
- Surveys and Assessments
- RIBA Stages 0-7
- Site Appraisal + Assessment
- Early Risk Appraisals
- Digital Data Collection
- Hearings + Public Inquiry
- Tree Preservation Orders, Searches, Appraisals + Applications
- Tree Survey in Accordance with BS5837:2012
- Arboricultural Impact Assessment
- Arboricultural Constraints Plans
- Tree Protection Fencing Plan
- Arboricultural Method Statements
- Schedule of Tree Surgery Works in line with BS3998:2010
- Landscape Management Plans + Construction Method Statements
- Specialist Construction Guidance in Proximity to Existing Trees
- Bespoke Construction Detailing Adjacent to Root Protection Areas
- Mitigation proposals
- Planning Advice/Negotiation in relation to Existing Trees
- Arboricultural Monitoring (Clerk of Works)
- Surveys / Assessments for Protected Species
- Aerial Condition/Defect Surveys
- CAVAT Tree Valuation
- Tree Planting + Management Plans
We work with a range of companies and organisations to guide them through the construction process when working in proximity to existing trees. Our clients include local councils, architects and developers.
Our Arboricultural consultants are based in York and Glasgow, and undertake arboricultural work throughout the UK.