Our Air Quality team provides impact assessment services across a wide range of sectors. We provide them as part of Environmental Impact Assessment, as supporting documents for a planning application and as part of applications for new or variations of Environmental Permits or PPC Permits. Our team conducts air quality impact assessments, odour impact assessments and climate change impact assessments.
We provide design advice to eliminate, minimise or further mitigate impacts, and maximise our clients’ benefits from our work.
Typical sources of pollution include:
- Background (ambient) concentrations of pollutants
- Existing road traffic emissions
- Existing industrial emissions
- New/increased road traffic emissions
- New/increased industrial emissions
Typical types of receptors include:
- Existing residents
- New residential properties
- Other public areas – schools, hospitals
- Workplace environments
- Ecological receptors – sensitive habitats