Environmental Consultant, MRTPI
MA (Hons) Urban Studies and Public Policy, MSc City planning and Real Estate Development
4 year experience
- Environmental Consultant with a background as a Chartered Town Planner;
- National and local planning policy assessment;
- Strategic planning advice and Planning Statements;
- Preparation of planning applications and appeals throughout the UK;
- Preparation of Feasibility Reports, Scoping Reports and co-ordination of Environmental Impact Assessment’s (EIA);
- Pre and post-application support including discharge of planning conditions project management.
As a Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI), Ailsa previously held the role of Planning Consultant for nearly 3 years at Arcus prior to working for a large housebuilder throughout South East England. As such, Ailsa has a valuable understanding of the key environmental constraints and economic drivers that influence development which compliment her consultancy and technical planning background. As an Environmental Consultant, Ailsa returned to Arcus in late 2017 to develop her project management skills and EIA knowledge while maintaining her chartered planning status. Prior to joining Arcus, Ailsa completed an MSc in City Planning and Real Estate Development (2012), complimenting her undergraduate studies in Urban Studies and Public Policy (2011) both at the University of Glasgow.
Since graduating in 2012, Ailsa has enjoyed long trips travelling in India, Africa, South America and South East Asia with a few shorter holidays already in planning! Continuing her development background and renewables experience abroad, Ailsa was involved in a solar project with a Non-Governmental Organisation in Malawi. Now settled in Glasgow, Ailsa enjoys trying new restaurants, getting out to the hills (when the weather allows) and spending time with friends, family and dogs.