Surface acknowledges its responsibility to protect and enhance the environment for future generations. Through the provision of high quality environmental and design advice Surface aims to make a significant contribution towards sustainable development in all aspects of its work.
The objectives of our policy are:
- To provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees by ensuring adequate training and provision of appropriate personal protective equipment
- To offer high quality professional advice on sustainable development and reducing impacts through careful project design and execution
- To comply with all relevant environmental legislation for all countries within which we operate and strive to follow up to date best practice and industry guidance throughout the Company
- To minimise car use where possible through the use of public transport where practicable, encouraging car sharing for commuting and field work and internally promoting the cycle to work scheme
- To reduce waste through the reuse of materials and recycling where ever possible
- To use energy responsibly in all of our premises through the procurement of energy efficient equipment and raising staff awareness
- To eliminate unnecessary travel through the use of conference and video meetings where they offer a reasonable alternative
- To review the environmental commitments and standards of suppliers and give weight to these when placing contracts
- To programme field work in in order to minimise the potential to disturb sensitive habitats and species whilst maintaining high standards of deliverables.
Surface is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and to monitor this on an on-going basis to ensure continuous improvement.