Surface Landscape Architecture
6 September 2019
Surface Landscape Architecture is part of the property brand of Arcus Consultancy Services Ltd, an award winning multi-disciplinary practice based in York, Glasgow, County Durham, Maidstone and South Africa. We work on all scales of projects from individual properties to major development schemes across the UK and Internationally.
We are committed to our culture of nurturing talent and valuing people. Our team enjoys working here and we know you will too. We reward hard work, innovation and success, and in return you will benefit from:
- A significant range of exciting and varied projects at all stages of development, and across all sectors;
- A Competitive salary;
- Opportunity to work on both local, national and International projects;
- Great office locations;
- Being an integral part of a respected and talented team of professionals;
- Being part of a growing organisation with healthy ambitions for further development; and
- Access to our Company Profit Share scheme, Pension and benefits.
Following a growing workload we are looking for two talented, enthusiastic and passionate senior landscape architects either nearing chartered status or already Chartered (with 1-2 years post chartered experience).
Details of role:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of high quality hard and soft landscape designs, masterplan, sections and montages;
- Preparation of landscape and visual impact assessments for property, renewables and infrastructure projects;
- Working with our in-house graphics specialists and landscape architects to develop high-quality visualisations for design, LVIA and presentations;
- Supporting Project Managers in the delivery of projects to programme and budget;
- Liaising appropriately with in-house specialists as well as clients, sub-consultants, developers and other relevant bodies;
- Reviewing the work of others to ensure high quality output;
- Representing the company at client meetings, conferences and other events; and
- Preparing and/or assisting with tender submissions for new projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture;
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Membership;
- Expertise in landscape assessments, LVA and LVIA/TVIA;
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable working independently and part of a multi-disciplinary team; and
- Excellent IT skills including AutoCAD, Photoshop, and a variety of graphics packages (GIS and keyscape would be an advantage but not essential).
If you would like to apply for a position please send your CV and examples of work (pdf) no greater than 5mb) to email@example.com.
The breeding bird survey season is upon us. Make sure you don't miss the window and contact us today! pic.twitter.com/8REBpYdp07