Senior / Principal Transport Engineer, South-East England
11 June 2019
We’re seeking a talented, enthusiastic and motivated Senior or Principal Engineer to join our Engineering Team in the South East (Maidstone). This position would be well suited to someone looking to build on their existing skillset and develop a broad range of experience and specific expertise on high profile projects with major clients. There is also the potential to influence the growth of the team in the South East, so this is a great opportunity for an ambitious and talented candidate.
The successful candidate will ideally be Chartered, with excellent management and team leadership skills. They will need a comprehensive grasp of transportation engineering design, as well as an appreciation of how this fits with wider environmental and economic aspects. Experience of planning scheme development through statutory processes such as Environmental Impact Assessment, Development Consent Orders, Highways Act, and the Town and Country Planning Act would be useful. The focus of the role is roads infrastructure, but you would be expected to be adaptable and also support projects such as railways. As a project manager you would combine managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, working with teams in our regional offices. The role will principally require the following:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Managing discrete design packages and small multi-disciplinary design teams both internally and externally.
- Project manager and team leader responsibility, ensuring delivery to client requirements of standards, programme and budget.
- Showing technical leadership and providing technical expertise.
- Stakeholder engagement and public consultation.
- Presenting technical advice to clients and third parties.
- Controlling task programme and budgets.
- Contributing to bid proposals and submissions.
- Motivation and performance of junior staff.
- The role will involve working on transport infrastructure schemes, predominantly roads, but will also include support on the transport elements of a variety of power and renewable projects across the whole country.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified, Chartered engineer (Incorporated Engineer will be considered) with ICE or CIHT.
- A demonstrable track record in highway design.
- Demonstrable experience of project management across multi-disciplines.
- Commercial awareness, financial and technical reporting ability.
- Able to interpret client requirements to produce a sound engineering proposal.
- Experience of working for Highways England, local authorities or passenger transport agencies.
- An appreciation, and preferably experience, of AutoCad and GIS software.
- A confident communicator with good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to assist in the development of the business.
We can offer:
- A range of exciting and varied projects at all stages of development.
- The opportunity to work on both local and national-scale projects in a range of sectors including renewable energy and infrastructure.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Company profit share scheme, pension and benefits.
- Working as part of a talented and growing team and company.
If you would like to apply for a position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The breeding bird survey season is upon us. Make sure you don't miss the window and contact us today! pic.twitter.com/8REBpYdp07