Senior Ecologist, South East England
24 May 2019
Surface is a multi-disciplinary environmental, planning and engineering consultancy delivering high quality projects in all major sectors and at all stages of project lifecycle, from site finding and feasibility to operation and decommissioning. Our long established and growing ecology team is looking for an ambitious and dynamic Senior Ecologist to join the team to work on a range of projects across different sectors throughout the UK, including projects of national significance.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will typically have 5+ years of consultancy experience, including experience in project management, and will be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of ecological guidance, legislation and policy. Your role will involve fieldwork elements but will be primarily office based, with a focus on project and financial management, survey co-ordination, analysis of baseline environmental data, writing and reviewing technical deliverables, and liaising with clients, stakeholders, contractors and colleagues. You should have sufficient knowledge and experience to carry out these tasks unsupervised, and have the ability to lead and mentor others. You will report to the Ecology Team Lead (England) and support the in-house ecology and ornithology team, as well as other technical teams and project managers across the UK.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with one or more of the following:
• Experience in the renewable energy sector, such as onshore and offshore wind and/or solar;
• Experience in Ecological Impact Assessment chapter writing;
• Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management;
• Habitats & botanical surveying skills (such as NVC survey);
• Natural England Protected Species Licence holders and, have produced/held European Protected Species licences in your own name;
• Ecological Clerk of Works experience (CSCS card holder if possible);
• Expert witness experience; and
• Business development experience.
urface offers a competitive salary package, plus benefits, excellent training and development opportunities and the chance to work on a selection of exciting projects across a range of sectors.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The breeding bird survey season is upon us. Make sure you don't miss the window and contact us today! pic.twitter.com/8REBpYdp07